Register to create an account and become an affiliate member

Welcome to the public forum, feel free to browse around and read through our discussions. However to really get involved please login below or click here to become an affiliate. You will then be able to write replies and start up new discussion topics of your own.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Any other personal discussions or conversations unrelated to Sozieterna.
  • Page:

TOPIC: You think COV19 is trouble....

You think COV19 is trouble.... 3 years 11 months ago #422

• femina
  • Thank you received: -1
….let me assure you, for most people it isn't. But I also have little good news for the rest of us. COV19 is only the beginning of what is inevitable to come. I hate to be a doomsday preacher, it is just impossible not to be. The virus may worry some of the oldies and their families. It may worry the ones with compromised health conditions, known to them or not, and it may even worry the ones suffering from the economic pain, imposed by the attempt to "flatten the curve" of spread in the population, - unfortunately this is just the beginning of the pain. Can I substantiate my statement? Absolutely, even you think differently and call me doomsday preacher. I call it an immense loss to have to live in a state of government control, loss of liberty to move freely without being in fact a danger to anyone as I have no virus to pass on and kill someone inadvertently. I find it hard to live as a suspect of a possible crime though without being given the right to prove my innocence and to incur fines when I should dare travel to wherever I like to. It saddens me the hope gone for bushfire victims to be able to have some much needed income over Easter from tourists coming back and work could be done to rebuild. There was hope to help nature back on its feet and farmers could go and contribute to the nations food bowl again. There was also hope this year would see some improvement in the sluggish economy overall. Now this is pain you suffer not because the virus inflicts this on you, but the government does with its caring for you. Now I think I would be better off in caring for myself, because if I really need health care at present, I cannot even go to my GP to see him face to face, cannot have elective surgery even if desperately needed and was waiting for. I cannot be sure to find access to an intensive care bed because a younger person than me will preferably have the bed as his life is more worthwhile to safe than mine. But if you think, this is a cranky person carrying on in frustration, be not hasty, because in fact neither do I worry about a virus nor an other illness, nor the economy and income, at least I don't have to feed children or worry about them and their future prospects, I enjoy empty spaces because I don't really like the crowds and I do not miss social life, because most of the time it is a waste of time anyway. But for you, particularly when you are not well off and have duties to fulfil, trying to make a life for you and your loved ones, there is little good news. And because I do not like to be a doomsday preacher you figure out yourself why I know the worries of now will be nothing to what will come. If you are lucky another virus might get you before you see what I see and by all means, I wish you have a good life, even if it is not a free one. Happiness is after all a state of mind.
Please register a free account at the top of the page to reply to posts and engage in discussion.
  • Page:
Moderators: femina
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds