Register to create an account and become an affiliate member

Welcome to the public forum, feel free to browse around and read through our discussions. However to really get involved please login below or click here to become an affiliate. You will then be able to write replies and start up new discussion topics of your own.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Any other personal discussions or conversations unrelated to Sozieterna.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trying so hard.....

Trying so hard..... 4 years 1 month ago #402

• femina
  • Thank you received: -1
…..to avoid anything in the media that would upset me, it does not work. Had the news on recently because sometimes there is information that interests me. I switch to mute to prevent me from listening to governmental statements as there is never anything that is a positive surprise, but it really got me badly, expecting something nice to hear about wombats, as the news reader was kind of letting me anticipate in her announcement for the next segment …...Well it was anything but. It was about the government just having given permission to a farmer to cull 200 wombats because apparently they cause the farmer too much damage, digging under fences and digging up the grounds, blah, blah, blah. That the government we currently have in Australia is ruthless and defies any kind of meaningful democracy is no secret and, farmers who exploit everything, from earth to animal, not caring about or even giving a dam about the consequences, we also know to exist, but it still leaves me perplexed that the majority of the public should not care? Only the ones who get called tree huggers, radical vegans, lefties and repeat whingers, if not worse seem to protest and, quite a few now facing laws that turn them into criminal offenders because they dare to protest in despair to raise awareness of what should be listened to in the first place, being issues that have not only validity but are in fact so urgent that delays in solutions have serious implication for the next generations here in Australia and elsewhere. Well, at least this culling permission did cause a stir reaching the media to report it which in itself is already a sign that other levels of the community find it news worthy, particularly since Australia just has lost so much wildlife in the devastating bushfires and this particular population of wombats in fact being an endangered species. A calling in this amount is a serious threat to the species, it could become extinct. Indeed, I can only repeat over and over again, this government is not acting in the interest of the country and its people. To push their agenda is in their own misguided and self serving interest. It does not benefit the land nor the future of its people or life itself. Scott, the Moron, mentioned at one stage, when I still listened to news that he has a thick skin when it comes to criticism. That is an understatement. He is thick through and through. A bulldozer if you like, with no self restraint and no vision. Once the buttons are pressed, it will not stop. I personally don't find a government productive nor constructive if bulldozers are allowed to plough the field, nor do I find farmers who do not nurture their land and their animals support worthy. Well we shall see, if the next election will make a cull on its own, though I think, this cull should happen sooner than later. It would be better for all.
Please register a free account at the top of the page to reply to posts and engage in discussion.
  • Page:
Moderators: femina
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds